Besides The Dormition Cathedral, during this period there was also built the Caves Church of the Venerable Job and the community building, in which monks reside in until this day. Going down the sharp stairs and passing a long passage-gallery, the walls of which are painted with images of the
saints of the Russian land, we get into a little church. It was built on a mountainside in 1774 and is joined to the mountain. There are windows on its right and the entrance to the grotto is on its left, where the incorruptible relics of the Venerable Job and Amphilochius lied and there is a small cave, a place of St. Job’s prayers. On top of the grotto there is an ancient icon of the Venerable Job. Its walls are depicting main events of his mortal life and posthumous glorification: his death, his appearances to the Metropolitan of Kyiv Dionisiy Balaban, the uncovering of his relics, etc.
From the very entrance of the church and up to the iconostasis on vault of arch plafond the paintings depict the cross way of the Savior, starting with Christ washing the feet of the Apostles and finishing with Lamentation, and the walls depict the episodes of His mortal life. The carved oak iconostas crowns the church.
Hearts and souls of all pious Orthodox Christians rush here to the Caves Church, to Sts Job and Amphilochius. The Caves temple as though holding the mountain, had joined the imposing building of the Dormition Cathedral forever.
The St. Barbara's Church, which side with community building, was attributed to the Great Martyr Barbara and Saint Princess Olga in 1887 as a Refectory Church. It still serves as a spacious refectory for the brethren of the monastery. Divine services are officiated here on the Patron Day and during the Easter Week.
The iconostasis was made by skilled craftsmen of the monastery; the icons were painted in Lavra’s studio on big sheets of red copper. All paintings of the temple consort with the iconostasis. On top of the entrance door there is a wonderful icon of Miracle satisfaction by Jesus Christ of five thousand people with only five loaves of bread and two fish. By the decree of the Holy Synod, the monastery was accorded the status of a Lavra in 1833. It became the largest spiritual and educational center. There is a printing house, schools (second-class and monastic) and workshops (manufacturing iconostasis and binding) here. Since 1887 the monastery has published the weekly “ Pochayivskyy lystok”.
In 1859 Emperor Alexander II, in memory of his visit to Pochayiv, donated a new iconostasis to the Dormition Cathedral. The Countess Anna Orlova-Chesmenskaya donated a silver reliquary, a work of a skilled workman Verkhovtsev, for the holy relics of St. Job. Later there was placed a canopy made of white Italian marble above the reliquary.
In 1858 in commemoration of the Kyiv-Pechersk Saints, who blessed the monasticism on Pochayiv hill, there was built and consecrated a Church of Sts Anthony and Theodosius beneath the Caves Church. It is a small church with the ancient iconostasis.