The main page  •  Guestbook Карта сайта
Поиск Главная страница Главная страница План Лавры История Лавры Преподобный Иов Преподобный Амфилохий Свято-Духов Скит Справка Написать нам Поиск Головная сторінка Головная сторінка План Лаври Історія Лаври Преподобний Іов Преподобний Амфілохій Свято-Духів Скит Довідка Написати нам Search Home Home Plan Laurels History Laurels St. Job St. Amphilochius Holy Spirit skete Help Contact us
Navigation
    Main page
    History Laurels
    PAGES OF HISTORY
    DORMITION CATHEDRAL
    MONASTERIAL TEMPLES
    LARGE MONASTERY BUILDINGS
    THE HOLY TRINITY CATHEDRAL
    THE LAVRA IN XX CENTURY
    LAVRA'S OBJECTS OF REVERENCE
    WONDER-WORKERS OF MONASTERY
    THE HOLY SPIRIT SKETE-MONASTERY
    THE FEAT OF PIETY
    SCHEDULE OF DIVINE SERVICES AT THE HOLY DORMITION POCHAIYV LAVRA
    Reverend Amfilohije
    The program of jubilee celebrations on the 10th anniversary of the canonization of Venerable Amphilochius Pochaev
    Гостевая книга о Крестном ходе
    News and Events
    Lavra's plan
    History Laurels
    Help
    Meal
    Reservation and room rates in Pochev 's hospice
    Phones
    Laura chants
    Сhants

День за днем

25 Мая

Да будет воля Твоя и на земле, как на небе

(Лк. 11, 2)

Лучшая доля для человека на земле - творить волю Божию. Не иногда, поверхностно, часто неохотно, но так, как она творится на небе.

Три первых прошения молитвы Господней относятся прямо к Отцу: имя Твое, Царствие Твое, воля Твоя. Христос учит человека ставить Бога на первое место, которое Ему и принадлежит. Сперва небесное - потом земное, сперва духовное - потом телесное, сперва Божие - потом человеческое. Христос отрывает взоры людские, прикованные к окружающему, и устремляет их на Отца и на то, что Его касается.

У нас не так: свое стоит на главном месте. Свои заботы, нужды, дела поглощают все, и мы прибегаем с ними к Богу, как единственному выходу из тяжелого положения. Он же Сам, может быть, не имеет в нашей жизни никакого места. Оттого неправильность, греховность, бесцельность всесуществования. Христос признает только один порядок вещей и возвещает его в этой чудной молитве: "в начале Бог".

Когда человек тоже воспримет душой эту истину, тогда только для него наступит настоящая христианская жизнь. Ища прежде всего воли Божией и творя ее по мере света, ему данного, он входит в область Царствия Божия и начинает познавать и прославлять имя Того, от Которого исходит всякая благодать и исполнение всякой нужды. Является тогда равновесие в его душе, и тогда воля Божия не просто принимается с печальной покорностью, но творится с полной энергией и доверием преданной любви.

В одной школе спросили у детей: "Как творится воля Божия на небе?" Множество посыпалось ответов: "охотно", "сейчас", "радостно"... Последний голосок принадлежал очень маленькой девочке, которая благоговейно сказала: "Не спрашивая - почему!" Да, с доверием, которое не вопрошает, но исполняет, творят волю Божию те, которые сознательно произносят это третье прошение и согласуют с ним свою жизнь.

 

Погода Почаев
LARGE MONASTERY BUILDINGS

 

CHURCH OF THE GOD MOTHER’S LAUDATION, BELL TOWER, HOLY GATES

In 1862, during the ministry of Bishop Anatoliy Pavlinskyy in Volyn, there was established and consecrated a warm church of the Holy Trinity in the east wing of the community building where the Lavra’s old printing house had stood. Nowadays this church is named as a church of the God Mother’s Laudation. In 1864 there was erected an iconostasis made by Prokofyev. There is a beautiful ark on the High Place, which columns, perches and capitals are decorated with carving and vermeil. The Icon of the Savor praying in Gethsemane is set in the ark. The Laudation church was painted with wall paintings in 1874 by Lavra’s iconographers. Most of the sacred images depict those holidays that are celebrated by the Orthodox in winter starting with the holiday of the Protection of Our Most Holy Lady and Ever-virgin Mary and finishing with Easter. The community of Volyn Saints is painted close to the iconostasis. The whole-length image of Christ washing the Apostles’ feet and the Communion of the Apostles at the Last Supper is on the walls of the sanctuary. Paintings of holy guardian angels are on vaults. The whole church is girded by the words of the Lord’s Prayer. In 1875 in the small upper gallery of the temple’s northern side there was arranged a side-altar in honor of the Theotokos’ victory over the Turks and consecrated on the day of the 200 anniversary of this event.

During that time there was also built the Holy Gates, the bishop’s house ( a book and icon shop today), the bell tower completely consorting with the style of the Dormition Cathedral, a candle factory, a hotel (a seminary today). In front of the Cathedral there was established a gallery.

The extensive land of the monastery was turned into highly productive farmland, gardens and lakes that supported not only the whole monastic community, but also charitable refectories, hospitals and hospices. By the early XX century the monastery had become a major pilgrim center, where thousands of Orthodox not only from all corners of Rus, but other countries as well, walked on foot to the monastery to worship its relics from early spring to late autumn.

Почаев

Lavra Belltower

 
 

The Lavra bell tower with its architectural elegance complements the beauty and grandeur of the ensemble of the Pochayiv cloister. It is a four-story building, the first floor of which has the form of a cross; all others are four-cornered. The northern and southern pediments are decorated with massive columns. A beautiful semicircular carved cornice is above the door and the Pochayiv Icon of the God Mother is over it blessing the Lavra’s yard. The northern side is graced with the Icon of St. Job – a guard of the Holy abode. The bells are located on the third tier. There are twenty five bells on the bell tower. The biggest one is 11 tons 504 kilograms. The bell changes convene pilgrims to worship the Lavra’s shrines. The Holy Gates, the threshold of the monastery, resembling a large icon case crowned with a cross, was built up at the beginning of XIX century (1834-1835). There is a large wall-painted Icon of the Mother of God in the pillar of fire over the gates. On the second floor of the Holy Gates there was built a church of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary. Both the gates and the church were built upon the project and under the guidance of the architect Mykhaylovskyy and all the stone and carpenter’s work were made by ploughman Vasyl Poznyakov.

To the left of the Holy Gates there is an imposing building of the bishop’s house (a book and icon shop today). In 1835 there used to be a family chapel of Sts Peter and Paul the Apostles. It was placed in one of the halls of the middle floor on the southern side with an altar to the east. It is assumed that this church was built up in honor of a visit by the Emperor Peter I in 1711, during the Pruth campaign. In 1891 a church in honor of Archangel Michael was built on the upper floor of the bishop’s house.

 

Почаев

Originally, a bookstore (in the last building bishop's house)

 

 


     

Сделано wbs.com.ua